A blog is a key component of marketing strategy as it creates visibility and accelerates viewer traffic to the website. Brands use blogs and different types of content to communicate their vision, streamlining brand identity and creating a competitive edge over their rivals. Successful blog writing takes time, effort, patience, strategy and proper search engine optimization.
Here, we have listed six steps to help you create a valuable content strategy for your brand and make money through blogging by increasing your search volume.
Table of contents
- Creating an end goal for your blog
- Establishing and understanding your target audience
- Creating action-driven content
- Curating a style and tone for your blog
- Determine a budget
1. Creating an end goal for your blog.
Your blogs must have a defined goal they must achieve in the short term or long term. This way, it will always be easier for you to be aware of and manage your blog content type at every stage. You can determine future content strategies and buyer personas by looking at past metrics like social media posts, social media likes, shares, and comments that indicate success.
What kind of goals do you consider for blog writing?
Here, we’ve listed a few that you should consider:
- Is there any product/service you are promoting/selling through your blog writing or plan to do so soon?
- Building your reputation in a particular industry to further your career options.
- Setting a clear and realistic content marketing efforts will help you define your brand/business to an ideal audience and setting an objective for your blog. It prevents you from veering too far off from the relevant content and cluttering up your content ideas.
2. Establishing and understanding your target audience
The most important question is how to find the right people? 77% of people regularly read blogs online. You need to define your core audience, know what topics to plan, what content will be better, and which marketing channels will have the best reach. All traffic is different. It is not enough to think about traffic sources like organic search rankings, referrals from other blogs, discussion forums, long-tail keywords or even paid advertisements. Also, you need to put your blogging efforts to focus on the blog readers who will be coming through these sources.
You will have two kinds of visitors:
- A follower/supporter of your blog
- Someone interested in the product/service and looking for more information or comparisons.
Now, it is how you manage your content that makes them stay loyal to you.
You must also research your competition thoroughly to get a deeper understanding of gaps in their strategy. In this way, you can adapt their strengthening points and find gaps where you can still drive backlinks and more traffic and organic rankings to your blog by reducing the bounce rates.
3. Creating action-driven content
There might be a difference between what you want to blog about and what your audience personas are interested in. You can create many different content types in your blog, like interviews, white papers, opinion pieces, etc., and see what your audience interacts with the most and focus on those, more specifically, in the future.
It would help if you tried to continuously develop innovative content and set a unique spin on the topic you’re blogging about. Blog articles with 3000+ words get better results. Try to keep your content action-driven, i.e., something the audience can try and test in their lives. Whether it is a habit, a solution, or learning, it can be posted in the form of listicles, a short guide format, it will help your audience, and they will refer to your amazing content in the future.
4. Curating a style and tone for your blog
To maintain your target audience, you need to keep updating and reinventing your material constantly and use the accurate content marketing plan and content marketing tools. You need to research and be aware of what is happening in your niche, and you must not shy away from expanding your quality content a bit. However, your blogs must have a personality of their own. Developing and maintaining a style and tone will help your target audience prefer your blog over any of your competitors and handling the entire lifecycle of the material, from its conception to maintenance and removal. Audiences like to face every enterprise, so curating a personality will also help in bonding with your monthly readers and prospective customers.
You must also schedule your blogs not to burn out too soon, and your audience is not under or overwhelmed with information. Two or three blogs every week is a safe choice.
5. Determine a budget
For successful blog writing, you need to budget two things:
Money: Blog writing is a relatively cheap marketing technique, but it still requires some money to push through. A major chunk of your budget will go toward content marketing, and the amount will depend on your goals and needs.
Other areas where you need to invest money for your solid blogging strategy for earning potential customers are:
- Website hosting
- Creating videos, recording podcasts, and such forms of content
Time: As the elders say, ‘Time is money,’ and for blogging, you need an ample amount of time to sit and research your blog topics before you can sit down and start writing. It usually takes 2-4 hours only to write a 500–800-word blog. You need to plan, write, set up your high-quality content, and market your content which is a time-consuming process.
You need to carefully think about where you need to invest more and time and money in your blog, and it will be the defining factor in your blog’s success and how to make money blogging. You can also check these 10 steps to gain blog traffic. Successful bloggers spend 4 hours on average to write a post.
It will take a long time to build a dedicated audience but to achieve this goal, you will require full-fledged blog marketing, media promotions, and even paid to advertise. In fact, 97% of bloggers use social media to boost their results.
You can keep these tips in mind when planning the marketing and promotions:
- Ensure your actual content has quotes or snippets shared on social networks with links to authoritative sources.
- Do not overlook social media. Social media marketing is no understated business. A successful hashtag campaign will help any business, individual, or organization, and below you can find the top most trending hashtags in the country and prepare your content accordingly.
- Optimize your content for search engines as it directly affects the search rankings.
- Guest blogging. When you write an article for someone else’s blog, it generates traffic (from their targeted readers) to your website, and naturally growing the number of high-quality sites that link to your blog is called Guest Blogging. It helps you stretch your reach and authority online and help in blog marketing.
- Encouraging your audience to be a part of the email list. You can place an email newsletter opt-in form within your blog content, or install exit-intent popups to capture email addresses, or offering content upgrades and specified free content in return.
The key element in every content marketing strategy is the quality of content. So, make sure you post nutritional content in your blog.
In conclusion, it takes some time to create a successful blog strategy. Content creation is only half a task, and you need to keep updating, renewing, and republishing your content constantly. Many bloggers struggle to find a successful blogging strategy for making money blogging and taking their blog to the next level.
They are looking for sure-shot ways of creating a successful blog, but there is no one way. If you simply copy someone else’s style, why would someone be interested in your work? Hence, it is essential to introspect what you can bring to the table and curate your successful blog strategy.